James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why, thanks: fifteen...

Today I'm thankful for the posh changing station/nursing room at Nordstrom for providing me a sanctuary when my son had an apocalyptic blowout the minute we walked into the mall.
I'm thankful that James smiled instead of screamed as I gave him (and his entire outfit) a wipe-bath in an attempt to weather the storm.

I'm also thankful that I was able to laugh instead of cry, because usually in situations such as this, I just cry.

Today I'm thankful for mint chocolate chip ice cream.
I'm thankful that my sweet girl ate her entire Chik-Fil-A kids meal without a fight and willingly shared her ice dream cone with me.
I'm thankful for the children's book section at Costco -- it is certainly making my Christmas shopping a lot easier.

Today I'm grateful that Lola calls her Mike Wazowski doll "Mowsky" 


Today I'm thankful to have a dad who can rock my son to sleep in less than two minutes.

I'm thankful for a mom who is happy to humor my daughter for hours on end, even after a long day at work.

Today, and every day, I'm thankful for my little chicks.
Good heavens, they make me smile.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

SWEET BABIES! I'm so excited for them to be near!