James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Why, thanks: seventeen...

Two in one day!
Phew.

Today I'm thankful for the Carpenter girls for being willing (and crazy) enough to join us on a morning trek to the new H&M at Fashion Place.
As expected, it was a madhouse, but I walked away with a bag that was probably a bit too heavy for my own good.


I'm thankful that my sister-in-law had the same crazy idea, and that because of our chance meeting I got to chat with her and see my adorable nephew for a few minutes.

I'm thankful that Reilly and I were perfectly in sync about the lunch menu for the afternoon: waffle fries, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, orange chicken, ice cream cones and sees chocolate.
Geez, my pants feel tighter with each word I type.

I'm thankful for the car strollers in the food court that kept the girls entertained so we could gab (and eat their food).


 I'm thankful for a mother-in-law who is always willing to let us stop by (and nap), and who is kind enough to let me talk her ear off for hours.
She's a good woman, that Nana Cyndi.

I'm thankful that we got to attend our little friend Wyatt's third birthday party, and that Lola forgave me for not being able to hide my amusement when a guy dressed as a giant kangaroo scared the daylights out of her.
We don't do mascots around here.


I'm also thankful that my baby girl likes to lick the cupcake clean of its frosting.
Because it's a well-known fact that the frosting is the very best part.