James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, July 9, 2011

James and the giant pool...


Taking a newborn to the pool is probably not the best idea in the world.
But then again, I'm not exactly known for my good ideas.

Today was beautiful, my white skin was screaming for the sun and Lola spent the entire week trying to convince me to let her wear a bathing suit -- so we sunscreened up and headed back to the Lindon pool.


 The poor pool patrons had to suffer on my behalf once again.
Pregnant Jessica in a bathing suit = terrifying.
Jessica in a bathing suit 3.5 weeks after giving birth = even more terrifying.

I happily sent Reece, Lola and Adam into the water, put on my sunglasses to protect my eyes from my white legs and pulled out my Kindle for some good summer reading.


Meanwhile, James napped in his fortress of solitude.


 Once my little fish dove in, she refused to get out again.
Especially when Nana and Pop Pop joined her.


On an unrelated note: nursing in a bathing suit is not awesome.
Just take my word for it.

However, Mr. James seems to be a pool baby in training, despite his hatred of the bath.
Can't wait to take him in the water.


 Now if only the ocean were a little closer.

0 comments: