James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, May 8, 2011

To our mamas...

Nana Thaylene,


To you I owe every positive trait, my love for experiencing new things and new places, the ability to rise above even the most difficult trials and the knowledge that Sees Chocolate is by far superior to any other.

Thank you for showing me how to be a mother.
Thank you for understanding my complexities and helping me understand myself.
Thank you for encouraging my independence and teaching me to embrace change and new opportunities.
Thank you for being there for my baby since the moment she took her first breath.
Thank you for your undying patience.
Thank you for being the definition of what a mother should be, and for showing me what it means to be a best friend to my daughter.

I love you, Lola loves you, Reece loves you -- and we'd all be hopeless without you.

-----

Nana Cyndi,


To say I won the mother-in-law jackpot would be a serious understatement.

To you I owe my ability to keep working after Lola was born, my love for Hip and Humble, the best chocolate chip cookies in the world and, most importantly, a devoted (though sometimes kooky) husband who knows what it means to respect, honor and love his wife.

Thank you for always being willing to step in to help when I'm feeling overwhelmed.
Thank you for your endless generosity and kindness.
Thank you for keeping us stocked with Target coupons.
Thank you for teaching Reece how to work hard for the things that are most important.
Thank you for loving our baby, keeping her full of chocolate milk and teaching her the ABCs.
Thank you for accepting me as a daughter, despite my insanity.

We love you so much.

-----

-Washington Irving

0 comments: