James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sometimes being a mother means...

... locking yourself in the bathroom with pillows and a blanket, turning on the fan and trying to get comfortable in the bathtub for the nap you so desperately need.

Why?

Because your baby is screaming bloody murder in her crib, trying to avoid the nap she so desperately needs, and the bathroom is the only place in your two-bedroom apartment where those screams can be escaped.

Yep, it's been one of those days.

4 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I'm sorry. Love you!

Jessica said...

I'm so sorry! We have those days too. My shower is the only escape. Can't say that I've ever tried to take a pillow and blanket with me. :) Hope that nap happens and your day gets easier!

Eric and Lindsay said...

It was one of those nights last night for us! I have no idea how to get over the exhaustion!

Amy Rouse said...

It is so true how this is. I have some days where my husband gets home and I feed everyone and then I say, " I am taking a bath or a shower." This is just to have 10 minutes of sanity. You just need to do it sometimes. I am sorry you had a rough day. I hope it got better for you.