James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Oh my darling...

Lola is an expert at making me laugh.
Her penchant for mischief both exhausts and rejuvenates me, and I regularly find myself struggling to keep a straight face when discipline is necessary.

Take, for example, her clever plan to hide books under the blankets in her crib.
I thought she was napping beautifully until I heard giggling and quacking coming from her room.

I peeked inside, to find this:


Because really, who needs sleep when you've got the prose of Dr. Suess and Olivia the pig?

The child has insisted on feeding herself lately.
If a menu item requires help from Reece or I, it simply doesn't make the cut.

Thus, the yogurt face.


The terrible two stage is rearing its ugly head a bit prematurely around our house, and full-blown tantrums are an almost-daily occurrence.
We've been instructed to ignore and walk away, but I couldn't help but snap a few pictures during the latest epic fit.


She's an expert climber, and though this new hobby keeps me on the verge of a heart attack, it can be quite delightful to witness.


I've saved the best story for last.
Last night, Lola went down around 8, Reece and I were both in bed by 8:30 with our books and things couldn't really get more perfect.

Then 1:30 came along and Lola decided sleep was no longer necessary.
So I spent the night on the couch, watching my daughter run around with her toys while munching on cheerios and singing songs at the top of her lungs.

I was finally able to get her back to bed around 5:45, but by that time sleep was out of the question and I opted for the gym instead.

Unfortunately I'm ready to turn in for the night now, despite the clock reading 3:43 p.m.

It's a good thing I've got a plate of comfort just an arm's length away.


And there you have it -- my random smattering of motherly thoughts for the day.
Goodness gracious, I love my naughty girl.
And sugar cookies.

5 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

We are so excited to babysit that naughty girl!

Amy said...

My goodness! That girl.....

Eric and Lindsay said...

Oh she's so adorable even when she is naughty! And since it's apparent you love to read as much as I do, I'll have to get some good recommendations from you!

Angie said...

I love your blog. You are hilarious and a good writer! And your daughter is adorable.

Shannon said...

She is an expert at making me laugh too :)

ps, let's go to the zoo next week!