James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Friday, December 10, 2010

December rain...

A small miracle happened upon us today.
The cold lifted, making way for my very favorite kind of day.

I would much rather sit inside and watch the rain than the snow, thank you very much.


My girl is finally down for her nap (after at least four attempts), my Twisted Peppermint candle is lit, "Little Women" is in the DVD player and I am curled up on the couch in my sweats addressing Christmas cards (Me, Christmas cards!  In December!  It's a miracle!) while simultaneously listening to Pandora's classic Christmas station, munching on chocolate chip cookies and mint M&Ms and sipping milk, which is weird because I never drink milk.

Pretty close to perfection, if you ask me.


Though thoroughly enjoyable for the most part, December has also been stressful, busy, and slightly crazy so far.
Both Reece and I were bracing ourselves for a mental, emotional and physical meltdown (on my part).

But I think after my perfect afternoon, I will be OK.
I just need to make sure to fit this kind of laziness into the insanity on a more regular basis.

4 comments:

Meaghan said...

I love Little Women, one of my all time favorites.

Sounds so cozy.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so cute! Let's get together soon!

alyssa said...

Little Women is one of my favorite movies - and books! And that candle... I think I need that.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love Lola's baby tummy behind the candle. SO SWEET!