James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Going home...

Lola and I just returned from a two-night slumber party at  parents' house in Lindon.
Can I just say that I love going home?

I love going through mama's fridge and finishing off her fantastic leftovers.
I love sleeping in a bed that is 1,000,000 times more comfortable than mine (seeing as how mine once belonged to my parents.  Gross? Maybe.  But it was free.)
I love curling up by the fireplace in the library with one of my mom's gazillion books.
I love playing dress up with my mom's fantastic wardrobe and makeup.
I love that my parents get up in the middle of the night with my naughty girl and let me sleep, even though I feel a little guilty about it too.
I love hopping on the elliptical to a movie or show of my choosing.
I love being able to just talk to my siblings, who have become strangers these days.
I love rifling through my old bedroom for notes from friends, yearbooks, photo albums and my Converse All-Stars.
I love going to the Walkers with mom for a 32-ounce DDP.

Sigh.
I can't wait for Wedding/Thanksgiving week.

I hope Lola feels the same way about her old home when she's old and married and crazy like I am.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm I wanna go home.

Courtney said...

Going home is the best!

De Rosa said...

Man I wish I felt the same way about home! Man you make me want to go sneak into your parents fridge and library!

Lindsey Bell said...

That stuff makes me want to go visit your home again too!!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I can't wait until wedding week either! :)