James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, November 15, 2010

Feasting festivities...

Tonight, the Wheatleys hosted our 2nd-Annual Pre-Thanksgiving Friends Dinner.
And it was a-ma-zing.

Seriously Camille, go work for Martha or something.


Camille and Justin braved the turkey and whipped up a pumpkin drink that could replace water in my world.
Reece and I (well, I) made my mom's famous stuffing, candied yams and rolls (well, Rhodes took care of the work there).
Hollie and Mike contributed a Paula Deen green been casserole, killer homemade cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.
Cindy and AJ conquered the mashed potatoes, gravy and gingersnap/marshmallow/white chocolate heaven in a cookie.

The decor was perfect.
The food was impeccable.
The company was irreplaceable.


The girls got along swimmingly, despite being kept up way past their bedtimes.
Lola was particularly intrigued when offered her first slab of straight butter, courtesy of AJ.


I can't help but feel extremely grateful for the amazing friends we've made while living in Salt Lake City.
They are really more like family to us, and I don't know where I'd be without them.

And though I feel so incredibly stuffed I might die (no really), I am also feeling incredibly blessed.

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love our Thanksgiving tradition! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends :) and I apologize in advance if Lola begins eater butter by the stick...

Ryan.Kendra.Makenzie.Tracker said...

This is so awesome! I love the close group of friends you have. I have a question for ya, how do you get your pictures so big? I know this is a random comment but I cant figure it out :)
Only if you have time..
Thanks girl!

Camille Wheatley said...

I love our tradition, too! We love all of you guys! Thanksgiving rocks! Thanks for making the evening wonderful!

Jessica and Reece said...

Kendra! It's soooo easy to make pictures large. Once you upload them, simply scroll your mouse over the photo you want to enlarge and a window will pop up at the bottom of the photo. It will show several sizing options: small, medium, large, x-large. I click on x-large to maximize the sizing. You use blogger, right? Let me know if you have trouble!