James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, October 11, 2010

Fallen...

Since Blogger refuses to let me upload photos, the East Coast Chronicles will have to wait.
Which is really driving me crazy, because I hate getting behind.

In the meantime, Fall has officially arrived in Salt Lake City.
I knew it the moment I stepped outside early this morning for a run.
The sidewalks were blanketed with wet leaves.
The trees were a mixed bag of red, green, yellow and orange.
The air just smelled... fallish.

I'm certain I am not alone in claiming this time of year as my very favorite, but what's not to love?

I've brought out my favorite pumpkin-scented candles.
I've pushed my summer clothes to the hard-to-reach section of my closet.
I've begun hoarding caramel candy corn (thanks Kim), Diet Pomegranate 7up and cans of pumpkin.
I find myself craving soup daily.
I curled up in my blanket and read the entire Hunger Games series in about a week. all while listening to raindrops splatter onto my windows.

Somehow it's difficult to feel sad with Fall around.
I save the tears for winter, which will likely be here next week.

4 comments:

Candace said...

HAHA - I second everything you say, including winter coming next week! Fall is scary because it can snow at any point. Boo!

I know I'm the worst commentor EVER, but I seriously love your blog and I usually laugh when I read your hilarious writing.

AJ and Cindy said...

I love fall, too! I am so excited to celebrate it with all our fun plans! PS...my blogger is letting me upload pictures now, I bet yours will soon, too!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love Autumn. Also, Lola is going to get Syphilis, don't let her put her hands all over Rockefeller Plaza! :)

Amy said...

Mmmmmm I love it!