James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 30, 2010

Oregon Outings: Down by the river...

My uncle has a beautiful home on the Umpqua River in Roseburg that makes me want to leave civilization behind and spend the rest of my days floating in a kayak.

We were lucky enough to spend an afternoon lounging on his deck, enjoying the breeze from the water and munching on sandwiches and soup from a local bakery.


Thayne, Lola and I felt adventurous and walked down to the riverfront. 
Though I can't get my kid to even drink cold water, she loved dipping her feet in the freezing river.


This is why I love Oregon.


Our excursion down south was definitely worth the three-hour drive back to Portland, despite the fact Lola screamed for about an hour of it.
Thank heavens for McDonald's ice cream cones and industrial-size packages of baby wipes.

1 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

Oh, I love these pictures! What a fun thing to do (I will stop complaining about how sad I am that we had to leave, just know that I am!) I am glad you got to see so much family last week. Beautiful pictures!

PS I took down that pic on my blog that you requested...so now you owe me for any future ugly pics of myself that you may post one day :) love ya!