James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, August 30, 2010

Oregon Outings: Day Two...

In my many visits to the Oregon Coast over the years, I think I've seen the sun maybe two times, for maybe twenty seconds.  It's is an elusive little devil in the Pacific Northwest.

But apparently Oregon took pity on the weary travelers, because it really pulled out the big guns for our journey to Cannon Beach.

We set up shop in the sand and basked in 80-degree, cloudless heaven. 


Lola's first dip in the Pacific was a huge success.  She couldn't get enough of the "wa."
And her fascination with the sand sealed the deal -- we must live near an ocean someday.

It's just too bad she wouldn't let go of the string cheese wrapper for the photos.


After a little picnic on the beach, we headed into town for some exploring.


I even managed to hunt down my favorite kite store from when I used to come to Cannon Beach as a kid.  Never could convince the parents to buy me one...


After all that running around, our little beach bums were pooped.


So Cindy and I got to be like kids in the candy store.


Because I'm a sucker, Lola got to try my favorite coastal treat. 
Because there's nothing quite like pure sugar in rock candy from.


At the Oregon Coast, life really is a beach.

0 comments: