James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Snippets: Part 2...

Mother's Day began with a brunch for Grandma Cyndi.  I made an attempt at orange rolls from scratch and discovered what it was that makes orange rolls so delicious.

It's the pound of butter that goes into them, that's what.


Then church happened.

Then work happened.

We rounded off the festivities with a delicious dinner of salmon, sweet potatoes, brown rice and mini cupcakes with Grandma Thaylene.

And when I say "we," I mean Lola.  Grandma has taken it upon herself to "advance" Lola's palate.


The kid could not control her ecstasy.  And if you're wondering whether or not we have a food snob on our hands, she screamed bloody murder when I tried to feed her rice cereal this morning.  So I guess that's your answer right there.

Thanks mom.


Just another day to remind me how lucky we are to live so close to both our families.


It was a happy day, and I am a very happy mother, thanks to the little girl who has become queen of our kingdom.

1 comments:

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I love how happy Lola looks to be with me! :) I also love the picture where she looks like a devil child waiting to be fed by mama. I love that kid.