James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Motherhood...

To me, motherhood is messy.
To me, motherhood is not being grossed out about cleaning out someone else's nose.
To me, motherhood is talking about poop -- a lot.
To me, motherhood is drinking 64+ ounces of caffeinated soda a day in order to have the energy to get someone else to sleep.
To me, motherhood is laughing about things that used to make me cry.
To me, motherhood is seeing my own mother in a completely different light.
To me, motherhood is staying in my pajamas until noon.
To me, motherhood is jumping up and down at the first glimpse of a new word, face, action or look.
To me, motherhood is strong, defined biceps (for the first time ever).
To me, motherhood is endless kisses, hugs, squeezes, tickles and nibbles.
To me, motherhood is carting around 200 pounds of extra stuff.
To me, motherhood is redefining the world's idea of success.
To me, motherhood is learning to love my body because I created, carried and gave birth to another human being.
To me, motherhood is staying up until one in the morning just to get a few minutes alone with my husband.
To me, motherhood is being late to everything.
To me, motherhood is constant amazement.
To me, motherhood is hard.
To me, motherhood is the most significant thing I've ever done.
To me, motherhood is a constant teaching job.
To me, motherhood is a constant lesson.
To me, motherhood is falling in love with my husband all over again.
To me, motherhood is loving someone so much you completely forget about yourself.

To me, motherhood is the joy that comes from knowing that Lola Maria is mine.


--------------------------

So on the eve of the day dedicated to mothers everywhere, I want to know one thing: what does motherhood mean to YOU?

2 comments:

Kimba said...

adaptability. as he's grown, i've learned to adapt to his new skills and needs. as he grows things get easier, and harder. but always in a good, growing way, for me.

Jaclyn said...

well so far motherhood to me means, vomiting, gaining 15 pounds, sharing a body, and being kicked in the ribs. oh and loving someone i've never met so much that i don't mind all the things i mentioned before :)