James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby (food) Makin'...

Now that my daughter has ventured into the realm of fruits and veggies, I've decided to take up a new kind of cooking.

Because have you tasted the baby food in those jars? Ick.

So I busted out my apron and set to work.

Baby food makin' requires a lot of boiling...



So much boiling, in fact, I fogged up the place...



Once the burner was turned off, I scooped these...



Into this...



Then spooned the result into these...





The funny thing is, I don't know if I've ever had as much fun cooking anything else. Perhaps I've found my calling.

If only Lola would share...


9 comments:

Reddeye said...

Adele laying in the laundry basket in the background of the last picture was a nice touch.

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

She can hold the spoon! I love her.

Amy said...

Way to go! I want to know what other kinds of baby food you wind up making....cuz it sounds like such a good idea to me.

siovhan said...

I want to be your kid!
And she's SOOOO CUTE with that spoon!

The Grady's said...

yummy! what a good mommy!

Unknown said...

Perfect! you learn all there is about making baby food so when it's time for my kids to eat baby food I can make it too because you can tell me what to do! :)

Jessica and Reece said...

It's super easy! Just boil the veggies, puree them and freeze. Simple, cheap and delicious.

Fae said...

Don't forget to go to wholesomebaby.com for more recipes. I've found that if you invite a friend over to split the cost and recipes you get to make a varity of fruits and veggies rather than offer carrots for weeks on end. Ps boiling takes nutrients out, steaming is better. Good luck!

Alysha and Jason Whiting said...

I remember mom and I got some out to feed her and she started freaking out with joy! She couldn't contain herself, she was so excited.