James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Full Circle...

When I was a freshman at BYU, I moved into Helaman Halls with the strong conviction I would be living with a bunch of crazy, Mormon weirdos who would burst into hymns without warning.

Instead, I met the girl who would become my very best friend.

I'm not quite sure exactly what brought us together, but once we clicked, we were inseparable.

We did everything together, from road trips to movie nights to drives in my Geo Metro (lovingly nicknamed "The Purple Ped") to coloring to OC marathons to making up songs to laughing so hard we cried.

Sophomore year we shared a room, and we would instant message each other on our computers instead of actually talking. One night she dared go to the library to study without me knowing it, and I almost called the police I was so worried.

Our friendship has taken us all over creation.

I went to see her in South Carolina...





She came to see me in New York City...





We've road tripped to St. George, Las Vegas and California.

We've seen each other through hookups, breakups, weddings and now motherhood.



When I found out I was having a girl, we immediately decided our babies would be freshman roommates 18 years from then, whether they liked it or not.





I don't think we'll have to fight them on it.

We just hope they don't get into as much trouble as we did.

5 comments:

The Grady's said...

I think you guys got into just enough trouble to have fun stories to tell!

Amy said...

:) this makes me happy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So cute, I love this post. I feel the same way about my freshman roommate, who later became my sophomore and junior year roommate until Cory came along ! :) P.S. You and your roommate look so cute in the first picture! I love it.

Lindsey Bell said...

I feel so famous on your blog!! I love those pictures you found! It made me want to go back through all my pictures and relive those days! I love those pictures of Lola and Makenzie!! Will you e-mail them to me? They love eachother! Do you think we can go ahead and reserve a room in Helaman for them for the year 2027?