James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, January 25, 2010

Daytime Television...

I love Mondays.

No, this is not a sick joke. I really do love them. I work long hours all weekend, so there's nothing better than waking up at the start of a new week and spending the entire day in my pajamas (did I just admit that?) with my girl.

We have fallen into quite the Monday routine, my Lola and I. And though this routine may seem mundane to most, to me, it's priceless.

Lo wakes up around 7:30, 8:00 if I'm lucky, and calls me to her room with her angry voice. I pull her into bed with me and sing her back to sleep (much to Reece's dismay). We sleep, hand in hand, for another hour or so (if I'm lucky) until Lola decides she's ready to greet the day with her happy voice.

Oh how I love that happy voice.

Breakfast time comes next. I munch on toast, Lola prefers milk, as we watch The Today Show and discuss the day's To Dos.

Rachael Ray plays in the background as Mama exercises and Lola plays on her mat. Tummy time has become much more interesting as of late, because Lola doesn't scream her head off anymore. Now, she does push ups to match Mama's. You should see this chick's biceps.

Studio 5 plays as we fold laundry. We laugh at the Utah hair (can you say Bump It overload?) and crazy accents. Secretly, we can't change the channel.

KSL 5 News at Noon plays as we shower, bathe and vacuum. Lola munches on whatever pureed vegetable happens to be left in the freezer, while I stick to my scrambled eggs or cereal. Mama throws cookies in the oven while Lo swings.

Days of Our Lives demands our full attention. Okay, Lola is usually napping at this point, but Mama is riveted. It's too stupidly addictive to turn off. But remember how I'm a girl of guilty pleasures? Remember?

Millionaire comes on as Lola wakes from her nap. We share Mama and Lola tummy time and roll around on my disgusting floor. Sometimes Lo let's Mama clean the bathroom. I put a very strong emphasis on the word SOMETIMES.

Deal or No Deal plays as we read our books. Man those contestants are stupid.

We reach our television threshold after Howie Mandel leaves the screen.

We both nap.

Papa comes home. He asks what we've done all day. I don't tell him the truth about all the television.

It is, after all, the devil.

Right?

I love our Mondays together.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I want to have Mondays at your house.

Unknown said...

You forgot to mention your blogging routine in there! :)

Courtney said...

Aren't those days the best! We have almost identical days! We still need to get together ...

mathistown said...

the "utahness" of studio 5 just kills me. and i'm FROM utah! the accents really get me, i have to change the channel {though i've had difficulty resisting on occasion...}

Drae said...

I'm telling Reece!! Just kidding. That sounds like a wonderful monday, and "Wonderful Monday" is usually an oxymoron to those of us who don't work weekends! Rock the Mondays, Jessica, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I contemplate the brief should have more info then it has.