James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Walking Introduction...

I've taken it upon myself to show Lola what the best month of the year is all about.

Yesterday we bundled up and took to the streets (in heels, mind you). This girl needed to see the beauty that is Salt Lake City in the fall.



At first, she seemed less than thrilled. I think it had something to do with the wind, which up until this point has been a foreign concept in Lola's little world.



I pointed out our dream house, and explained to her that she needs to become rich and famous so she can buy it for her fabulous parents one day.



We saw the beautiful changing leaves -- one of my favorite parts of this time of year.



We walked down to Temple Square, where we inadvertently appeared in about 100 wedding photos. Thank goodness for Photoshop.





When I was pregnant, I would walk around the city (in hopes of getting my stubborn girl to come out) and think about how great it would be to push my daughter around with me.

I was not disappointed.

4 comments:

becca said...

i like that you took her out in heels.

and yes, october is DEFINITELY the best month of the year.

Kim said...

Heels? Seriously, Jess? Anyway, I think that sounds like the best way to spend an autumn day.

steph said...

I miss Fall in Utah! Thanks for sharing pictures. Lola is getting more adorable with every blog post! And your candy apples are making my mouth water.

Kristin said...

Precious! I love that you took her around SLC, especially in heels! Classic.