James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, August 20, 2009

One Week...

Lola girl has accomplished quite a bit in her first week of life.

*She taught her daddy what happens when you strip her down before taking her to the bathroom for her bath. She does not like traveling naked.





*She took her first trip to the doctor. I'm happy to announce that my child likes food as much as I do- she put on 6 ounces and grew a full inch in just four days. She also proved just how much she loves to be naked- she only cried when we tried to put her clothes back ON.




*She took her first trip to Mama's Mecca: Target. The soothing powers of this beautiful place seemed to work their magic. We've never seen her so serene.



*She developed a love for car rides and John Mayer songs.




*She's decided to pursue a career in modeling.



*She got a belly button, much to her mama's relief. Frankly, the umbilical stump freaked me out.



*She and Mama have become quite fond of sleepovers.



Her parents have been pretty busy too.

We've changed about 4,506 diapers, lost countless hours of sleep, taken hundreds of pictures and smooched her thousands of times.

Though we're frazzled and sleep deprived, I think we both agree that Lola's first week was the best week of our lives.

10 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

great post! I loved the one before this that talked about your labor, too!Thanks for sharing, I am so happy things turned out okay for you guys :) We should plan some Target trips together, because I have a feeling I love it just as much, if not more, than you do! ;) I would go there every day if I could (and if AJ would let me haha) anyways, Lola is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

yay!!! :)

Muncher Cruncher said...

She is SO cute Jess. Seriously. Congrats! And yes...target is serene...

Amy said...

I love target, I love the bow in her hair, I love the belly button, the kisses, and the smooching. Sounds like a week of heaven to me! :)

She's beautiful.

Kim said...

Beautiful baby!

Abby said...

Yay! Lola pictures! My mom and I are both so excited to come see her. I promise, I'm working like mad to finish the gift, and as soon as it's done, we'll come by to shower her with love and presents!

Brianne said...

Jess, such cute pics! I love the one of you and her having your "sleepover"! What an adorable baby you have!

Kristin said...

She is PRECIOUS! Honestly, what a darling girl.

Adam and Tara said...

That headband is adorable?!? Where did you find it?

Lane and Jade said...

First allow me to say that your little Lola is quite a beauty. Second, let me add that you look fantastic for just having recently born a child. Third, I'm glad I found your blog.....months ago. Please don't judge me!