James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, June 1, 2009

There's Always Money in the Banana Stand...

Today, we ventured out to Balboa Island, which happens to be the setting of one of our favorite TV shows.

This, is Arrested Development:



Sadly, after a thorough search, we discovered the Bluth Banana Stand doesn't actually exist.
Rip...



"I'll Save You Brother!"



G.O.B???



Best. Soft. Serve. Ever.



Yacht Club...



The Balboa Candy Shoppe proved to be a trove of treasures:



Lenin-ade: "Get Hammer and Sickled":



Tacky Candy Cigs (Don't judge...):



P.D.A. on the Pier:



Smokin' Hot Husband:



The Greenery:



Spilled Paint:



Yet another beach town I would love to inhabit.

9 comments:

The Grady's said...

Cue "Final Countdown"

I LOVE Arrested Development...whenever I need a pick me up, all I need to do is pop in an episode and watch G.O.B. do an magic trick ("ILLUSION, Michael!")with "It's the Final Countdown" playing in the background...awww, such a good show!

Kimba said...

Love Balboa Island. Love AD.

They sell that Lenin-aide drink here at my favorite candy store (that I WILL one day open in Park City..mark my words...) and it cracks me up every time.

Kristina said...

Oh, Arrested Development. The best show that got cancelled way too early. :(

What a fun time y'all are having! I immensely jealous.

jaclyn said...

um we are currently watching every episode of arrested development for the first time. it might be my favorite show. where was i when it came out?

Muncher Cruncher said...

Things I love about this post...you looking adorably preggers. soft serve ice cream. arrested development. yep we are the same person.

Kim said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for incorporating Arrested Development in your post! You made my day!

steph said...

Final Countdown is my ringtone. I'm so glad you tied in Arrested Development into your trip. Now I want to go to Balboa Island. And ride a segway.

Alexis said...

When we went to Balboa Island, there was actually a Segway parked outside one of the little shops so of course Matt and his brother had to get a picture next to it. Next week when we go, I don't doubt that they will be renting their own Segways to cruise across the island... such G.O.B. wannabes. But who doesn't want to be just like a man who wears stripper clothes even when he's not stripping???

Shannon said...

Okay you are hilarious! Love the candy cig shot!