James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Farmer Love...



Please ignore this incredibly unflattering picture of me, and look to the sign on my left.

Summer in Salt Lake City seems almost meaningless without a weekly visit to the Downtown Farmers Market. Where else can one sample culinary creations from dining gems across the city, stroll through a perpetual art gallery, munch on locally grown produce (oh the cherries) and drool over Salt Lake's cutest pooches, all while indulging in some of the best people-watching Utah has to offer? There is no place quite like it, let me assure you.

Despite the endless rain that seems to be plaguing the state (I secretly LOVE this June gloom), we decided to venture out to Pioneer Park this morning. The moment I stepped into the chaos, I found myself swooning all over again.





One of our good friends, Justin Wheatley, has a booth at the market. He's an artist. We feel cool just knowing him. In fact, some of his fabulous work will hang on the wall in Baby's nursery.




Sure enough, it started to rain. But I didn't mind.



Here's to the many Saturday mornings that will surely be spent at the Market. Well, at least for the next six weeks...

4 comments:

Abby said...

Once again, reading you blog has made me homesick and jealous. Whatev!

Jessica and Reece said...

So come home and hit up the Market with us! Though the Portland Market is pretty amazing too...

Serena said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE farmer's markets!!!! We have a pretty good one here on Olympia too that we love to visit!

Kristin said...

This looks like a blast! I will have to go the next time I'm in SLC. And I feel you on the rain. We've been having it like crazy here too!