James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Update: 29 Down...

29. That's one week away from 30. Heaven help us.



Notice the puffy face. I hate to say it, but I think it is here to stay.

Our 29th week together brought some big changes for both Mama and Baby.

Baby is weighing in at a whopping 2 1/2 pounds, and has advanced to "butternut squash" status. Finally, a vegetable I recognize.

Her muscles and lungs are developing fast, and her noggin' is getting bigger too (in preparation for the HUGE brain she's sure to inherit).

In other news, Baby girl recently discovered a special spot directly between my ribs, and uses it to cradle one of her feet. I've heard horror stories before about babies actually breaking their unsuspecting Mama's bones, and I'm starting to believe I may fall victim to this very phenomenon. Despite the shooting pain, I still LOVE feeling her move around, and she's become fairly consistent in her kicking sprees throughout the day.

Now on to Mama. I'm still feeling great, and plan to cling to that general feeling for as long as possible. I go for long walks every day, since I figure this may be the only time I'll actually want to be outside this summer. It's getting harder to eat more than a few bites of anything at a time, because when the stomach starts to swell, the baby fights back with a vengeance. My sister-in-law gracefully pointed out the "pregnant squat" I've resorted to. That's right, bending over now requires a liberal spreading of the legs.

Did I mention this kid will be HERE in 11 weeks? As in, less than three months?

How did that happen?

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow!!! It is getting close!

Kimba said...

Puffy face...PSH. You look just as slender as ever!

Also, hello, know exactly the feeling. By the end I was down to like, nine million small meals. Caleb loved it...

Jessica said...

Awesome! You're getting close! I also officially have puffy face. I'm REALLY hoping this goes away after the baby comes!

Oh, that $50 dresser/changing table we got was from KSL.com. I love that site! I also jut got a $5 Eddie Bauer stroller in awesome shape.

Jennifer said...

Awww, so cute! She'll be here in no time! And her cute little bows are on the way :)

Hey ALL! said...

How did it happen? Well you see Jessica, when a man loves a women he gives her a special 'hug' and then a baby comes out 9 months later. Thats why Gavyn just shakes my hand.

:D

Eliana