James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Update: 25 Down...

Prepare yourselves.




Oh the beauty. And the blessed cheeks. This weekend was makeup and hair product free, obviously. I have a feeling there will be many more like it in the very near future. And soon the "weekends" will spill over into weekdays, and I will be walking around the newsroom in Reece's t-shirts and my stretchy gauchos. KSL will have me removed (if they can find enough people to actually lift me).

It's hard for me to comprehend that I will, in fact, get BIGGER. I can't sit for too long, or breathing becomes extremely difficult. And if I ever eat too much at one sitting, I literally feel like I am going to explode. And bending over? Forget it. Reece caught me trying to pull on a sock, and nearly cracked a rib he was laughing so hard. Baby likes her space, and I have all those pesky organs invading her pad. How dare I?

The little one is just over a foot long, and weighs about a pound and a half (just your average rutabaga, in case you were wondering). She's still kicking away, but likes to play hard to get whenever anyone but mama wants to witness her movement. I think she can hear me telling Reece to "hurry up and get over here so you can feel the baby kick," so of course, so she goes completely still. At least I know I will have a little "Red Light, Green Light" pro on my hands.

This week I have a visit with the doc that will surely make it into the history books. Why, you might ask? Not only do I get to drink what appears to be a gallon of pure sugar on an empty stomach, I then have a finger prick AND a blood draw to look forward to. But let's face it, I'll do anything to hear that little heartbeat.

4 comments:

Kimba said...

I didn't find the drink TERRIBLE, I certainly wouldn't order it at a restaurant, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought. I had a serious sugar rush though. I was alone and hyper, so I was thoroughly bored. :)

No shame in wearing Reece's t-shirts. :) Totally did that all the time. NO ONE will mess with a pregnant lady!

Love your belly. I dare say it makes me miss it a bit!

Jessica said...

Looking good! And the glucose test isn't so bad--it just tastes like orange soda. Now if only it wasn't followed up by an hour-long wait and a blood draw...

Jennifer said...

Wow!! Only a pound and a half?! That's crazy! You look great though, really!

Why do you have to drink that stuff? To see the baby?

Jessica and Reece said...

Jen-

It's part of a glucose test, to check for gestational diabetes. It sounds absolutely miserable, but I guess every pregnant woman has to do it, so I will too!