James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weekend Update: 23 Down...

The incredible expanding Jessica just keeps expanding.
See?




Here we are, in all our glory. My little mango is still kicking away, and works hard to distract me while I am in the newsroom (or doing anything else, for that matter). She weighs just over a pound now, and her hearing is developed enough that she is sensitive to loud sounds. I believe this claim, since she started doing the freestyle kick on my bladder the second I turned on the vacuum this week.

As for mamma, I'm still feeling great, despite the fact that I remain emotionally unstable. I cry over pretty much everything, good and bad. I'm grateful for Kleenex and a very patient husband, who repeatedly reminds me to "let it out, babe."

As I sit and listen to the leaders of my church speak this weekend, I can't help but feel so blessed to have the opportunity to carry my baby. I know the hard part starts when she actually gets here, but I am grateful to have the guidance that my religion provides. Because let's face it, life is rough, and what do I know about being a mother?

Until next week (my sixth month mark! Well, sort of)...

5 comments:

Quinn and Ryan said...

I love this little blog of yours! I found it whilst stalking other blogs. That baby bump is so very cute! I do not think I have said congrats yet....Congratulations! Quinn and I are very happy for you and Reece. I can not wait to meet all of these new babies that are coming to our ward soon. Keep the pictures coming!

Kimba said...

So cute. And tiny. And DUDE. What was up with the sad baby stories today?! I was like, Cabe, seriously, I'm gonna lose it soon.

Also, I cried at the end of freakin' Bruce Almighty. Pregnancy does some FREAKY stuff.

Jenna said...

I envy how teensy you are. By 23 weeks, I was already at "elephant" status. You probably remember.

CHUNTZ said...

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh youre prego?! What?! I cant believe it! Congrats girl!

Drae said...

I must be pregnant too. I cry at everything. I think it's payback for making fun of girls who cried in school, especially my sister. I guess that's what I get for being so mean. You are such a cute pregnant girl. I hope to be like that, but judging from all my sister's histories, I have no chance. Good luck with it. I wish we could be here to welcome her in. But alas, I'll just have to continue to blogstalk you.