James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Update: 21 Down...

This week's photo is a doozy...

Wait for it...






Say hello to the second half of pregnancy. I told you the chest is keeping up with the belly. I mean, really.

Baby girl is about as long as a carrot, and she's been stretching those little limbs to let mamma know she's the boss. She has eyelids and eyebrows now too. I am amazed at how much she changes from week to week. Hopefully I am a sufficient incubator.


I've taken to walking/hiking instead of running, since baby has taken hold of a nerve in my lower back and refuses to release. And the good news is, complete strangers have begun to stick me in the "pregnant" category. While at Costco, I grabbed a sample of some disgusting anti-oxidant drink to see how Reece would react to its brownish hue, and was promptly stopped by the sample-supervisor.

"WAIT! Aren't you expecting?"
"Why yes, yes I am."
"You really don't want to drink that. Give it back."

Thanks for saving the pregnant lady from the nasty liquid. And thanks a million times over for inducting me into the "pregnant" stage of pregnancy. So long "chubby girl" stage.

This week I learned about pregnancy acne. A giant zit the size of Montana formed on my chin, prompting a terrifying flashback to junior high. Good times. But to be honest, I'll take a mountain of acne over the first trimester puke parties.

This week I also experienced my first bout with the dreaded cankles. In what I am sure will become a favorite pastime of ours, Reece and I took turns pressing on my skin, then watching as a massive finger-shaped imprint remained for a few seconds. The only way to keep the bloat away (and to prevent the feet from resembling those of a baby elephant) is to avoid standing for long periods of time.

Cankles, acne and lower back pain aside... I am loving this stage of pregnancy. I am actually starting believe that a little girl will REALLY be coming home with us at the end of it all. And that, my friends, is an amazing realization.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i was just having a flashback of Italy...ProMISE me jessica...proMISE me!! remember?? I don't know what made me think of it. please tell me you ate ice cream while at ikea!!

Kari Lyn said...

And besides all of this... BEAUTIFUL as always!

Acne warrior said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

yay! You look so cute! I'm glad you are past the chubby stage, haha! you're so funny. Although, I'm pretty sure I would be happy to be past the chubby stage too!

Kellen and Michelle said...

Hi Reece, this is Michelle Hildreth, formerly Michelle Markowski. I found this link to your blog from Adam's blog. Congratulations on the coming baby! That is so exciting. We just had a baby girl ourselves about six weeks ago. It is so good to see that you are happy. You can check out my blog at www.thehildrethfamily.blogspot.com. Take care.