James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Green Grub...

Unfortunately, authentic Irish food is disgusting. Corned beef and cabbage? Who eats that?

This year, our challenge was clear: reinvent the look (and taste, thank goodness) of a good Irish celebration.

But did we succeed? You decide.

THE MENU: Whole wheat angel hair pasta with salmon and parmesan, whole wheat rolls with pear jam, green salad with pear and balsamic glaze and asparagus (not pictured).



THE SWEET STUFF: green (yes, green) cornbread with mint chocolate chip ice cream



THE ENTERTAINMENT: A nicely toasted (rather, toastING) bun in the oven...



THE COMPANY: Ivins/Wheatleys





The end.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute are you guys? How did you like the wheat pasta? I have had bad experiences with that stuff!

Jessica said...

I actually LOVE corned beef and cabbage, (weird, I know), but your St. Patrick's day dinner looks awesome!

Candace said...

Wow! You guys were so festive this year. My grandparents do the whole corned beef and cabbage. Yikes. I would have to try it first, but I would be afraid.