James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Preparations, and Other News...

Here we are, on December 4th, just 21 days until Christmas, and I already feel like I have missed something. Is it just me, or do the holidays seem to fly by faster every year? Last year, between work, school, moving and a trip to California, we completely missed almost every festivity that I have come to love. It was like the holidays didn't even exist.

So this year, despite our equally intense schedules, I am determined to get into the holiday spirit.

Even if it kills me.

So for starters, we got a tree. And we decorated it too:



I know, I know. Our beloved (plastic) evergreen is fairly shrimpy. And completely overdecorated. And the lights don't work on the top. But I happen to love it.

In addition, I forced my husband to put up lights on our windows and deck... to rub in our neighbors' faces that WE have the most holiday spirit. So there.




I enjoyed about three hours of smug contentment... until we returned home to find an inflatable snowman AND light up deer on our neighbor's porch. Bah Humbug.

Next, I hung all the stockings on the white wall with care. When you lack a fireplace, improvisation is key.



Stay tuned for more holiday adventures... including but not limited to:

*The Nutcracker
*The Festival of Trees
*Lights on Temple Square
*Gingerbread Houses
*Pleasant Grove High School Christmas Concert

I've got plans people.

3 comments:

tara said...

We're hitting of Festival of Trees Saturday! Oh and then delivering some of them the next morning..ask Reece how much he loved doing that one year! Ü I am impressed by your holiday spirit..

Abby said...

that's better than I did, if that makes you feel any better.

Kimba said...

Looks so much better than my piddly decorations! We haven't got a tree yet, mostly because the idea of Caleb going to OSH to pick up a tree by himself is too daunting.

And what I wouldn't give to have a gingerbread house making contest together!