James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thoughts from the Morning Show...

11 pm: Remove pajamas, put on real clothes, head out into cold.

12 am: Diet Dr. Pepper #1

1:30 am: "Breakfast" time... grab granola bar and Diet Dr. Pepper #2. Feeling good.

2:00 am: Temporary caffeine-induced euphoria begins to lose effect. Deliriousness kicks in. Forget how to type. Forget how to blink. Forget how to spell the word "and." Solution: you guessed it... Diet Dr. Pepper #3.

3:00 am: Day(or should I say "night")dreaming of my bed, my pillow and my 3rd grade crush.

4:00 am: Panic. What needs to be written? How did I get so behind? What the hell am I doing AWAKE at this hour? What is a tease again? Who's idea was it to go into news anyway? I knew I should have kept my job at Great Harvest... at least there, I could gorge myself on hot cinnamon rolls.

4:30 am: REAL Panic. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This show is never going to make air. I am going to be fired. Then stoned. Then burned at the stake.

5:00 am:
Show begins. Something about cool darkness of the control room calms my senses. What was I worried about before?

7:00 am: Time to head home. Relief. At least until I realize, I get to do it all over again tonight.

5 comments:

Kimba said...

Please tell me you eat more than a granola bar all night long! :) Also? The pumpkin chocolate chip bread at Great Harvest is like, ohhhhhhh.....used to skip first period during the winter to get some along with the hazelnut Steven's hot cocoa they sold. Love that place!

Kristin said...

This totally made me laugh! I know exactly what that feels like.

I didn't know you worked at Great Harvest?! Do you know you introduced me to Great Harvest? And now I go back every time I'm in Utah. I love that place!

Muncher Cruncher said...

it's good to know someone else has 3 dr pepper days...except is it sad that mine are in the day? I feel like you have an excuse with it being 4 am and all...

Candace said...

Hey Jess,

I love reading a new post everyday. You rock my November!

How do you work all night? I have a hard time working all day? YUCK. So if you need an idea of a post, I want to know how things work in the newsroom. Do you write scripts for the reporters to read from? Do they really not know what the heck is going on? And where do you gather your info?

Curious reader,

Candace

Abby said...

Might I JUST say that I feel cool knowing you?