James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tag #3...

I've been tagged by Kimba...one of my favorite bloggers (and long-distance pal)...


Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).

2. Turn to page 123.

3. Find the 5th sentence

4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog

5. Tag 5 people

I have been reading a book for my internship for about 4 months now, and I am only about half way through (bad news, considering I have to write a 5-page paper on it by Tuesday. I thought I was DONE with schoolwork!).

The book is called This Just In: What I Couldn't Tell You On TV by Bob Scheiffer of CBS News. It is a great read...basically a storybook full of unique experiences that made up this journalist's career (Vietnam, Kennedy assasination, Nixon era etc.). Again, I am a news nerd, so it's right up my alley.

"My only instruction from the Reasoner show producer was to 'be droll, if possible. Harry likes droll.'" (discussing his first assignment at CBS news in Washington: covering a costume ball that Nixon's daughter had given for the elite youth of Washington)

Now if THAT didn't hook you, I don't know what will :) Head on over to Amazon.com and add this little treasure to your library for the limited-time price of .99, + shipping.

I tag the first five people who read this post :)

0 comments: