James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patty's Day...

Our St. Patrick's day was amazing enough to make all who read this post green with envy.
First of all, this was a big day for the Ivins family- Jason's Deli, our favorite restaurant, just opened at the Gateway. Of course, we had to be there for the big Salt Lake premiere (Notice the "Asian Tourist" poses. The people walking by sure did).




















Three words for you: free soft serve. I had two cones, thank you very much.


Following our fabulous dinner (ice cream qualifies as an essential part of a well-balanced meal in my book), we decided to make some dessert in honor of St. Patrick. Plus, I am big on traditions, so I basically force Reece to do cheesy activities on almost every holiday.

Tonight it was sugar cookies. I got creative and made a leprechaun (2nd blob from the right). Notice the assortment of four-leaf clovers and "coins". Also, Reece is pretty hard core about St. Patrick's Day.















Much to Reece's dismay, Jack developed a love for cookie dough. Additionally, he seems to have inherited my addiction to Diet Dr. Pepper













Needless to say, it was a great night. Now we just have to figure out what to do with all the cookies, because they sure won't last long around here....any takers?

1 comments:

Mal Mecham said...

Jess...I'm not going to lie..You're blog is like the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. You're hilarious and your cat is cute! :)