James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

James + Reece + Lola + Jessica

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Cat Scratch Fever...

8:30 am. Sleeping soundly and contently. Subconsciously hear Reece's alarm go off. Feel the mattress bounce when he rolls out of bed to get in the shower.


8:35 am. Roll over and readjust on Reece's side of the bed (I like to sprawl, and his pillow is fluffier). Pull covers over face to block sunlight.


8:36 am. Hear something resembling a creaking door, slowly opening.


8:37 am. Shadow looms over face, safely hidden under sheets.


8:37:28 am. ATTACK! Paw comes barreling at my face, razor-sharp claws out, looking for blood. Razor sharp claws easily tear through sheets. Blood is spilt.


All day, probably for the next 7 or 8 days.... this face:
As much as I love letting my kitten use my nose as his scratching post, I think it is time to lock him out of our room when we sleep. And if the 2 inch gash leaves a scar, Reece has kindly reassured me that I can just get a nose job.
And yes, I had to go to work today, and 1 out of every 2 customers was sweet enough to point out my disfigured proboscis. Here are some of the most memorable soundbites from this day of fun:
"Whoa, did you know that your nose is bleeding?"
"Ewww! What happened to your face?"
"Do you need a tissue?"
"AHHHHHHHHHH!"
I love being a pet owner.

0 comments: